Saturday, February 21, 2009

Recently, I have engaged in a variety of conversations with my housemates regarding self-reflection and our own journeys to living a peaceful existence.  By a peaceful existence, I mean finding a calm within oneself rather than seeking answers from others or satisfaction or happiness from external influences.  We all have the power to change our circumstances, to live healthier, breath deeper, to respect ourselves and to face challenging situations head on.  We have control over our own lives, our own choices, our own existence, but often I believe that people forget this.  

I, myself, forget.  Way more often than not.

As the fine fine man Plato once said, "be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." So to this I say dig deep within yourself, breath a little deeper and fight hard to make this life a peaceful one.

2 comments:

  1. I try to remind myself of similar sentiments to Plato's you have posted up there when I'm at work. Nice to see it written so perfectly. Miss you Erica woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. go steenis, it's your birthday, happy birthday. and by birthday, i mean remembrance. and by remembrance, i mean acknowledgment that all that is may be contained within you. and me. et al

    ReplyDelete