Monday, May 18, 2009

Mount Washington

Mount Washing is quite a site.  From the road looking up at the mountain is daunting.  At 6,288 ft, Mount Washington, is the highest summit in the Northeastern United States.  It has an erratic weather system holding the record of the highest recorded winds; as I reached the summit the clouds began to role in and the wind blew so hard I could barely keep my balance to take this picture below.  Summiting this mountain was important to me and I surely wanted to conquer it before I left New Hampshire.


The view below is of Tuckerman's Ravine...many folks were still hiking the Tuckerman's Ravine trail to get their ski on...



To get your read on and learn more about Mount Washington go to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Washington_(New_Hampshire)

No comments:

Post a Comment