Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lots of the White Stuff

I woke up this morning, looked out the window and noticed that there was much more snow on the ground than yesterday.  Of course, I was overjoyed to see the snow falling and smiled a little to myself.  But, this also means its only getting colder and that I will remain inside for the day. Not having a car may or may not put a damper on things especially when trying to get from point A to point B in freezing temperatures.  My crazy roommate just went for an 8 mile run...its going to take some serious adjustment before I am able to gear myself up to run outside let alone walk a mile to the nearest cafe.  

All that said, I am looking forward to my first day of work tomorrow.  I am sure after 8 days of intense work I will be loving the relaxation and the option to just sit around in this lovely house.  At this point though I am ready to get out and about.  Apparently next weekend is supposed to be much colder than it is now.  My boss told me that its likely that we will be staying in cabins on the next expedition.  The prospect of staying inside rather than outside excites me especially since its going to be my first expedition.

The folks I live with have been great and have showed me a lot of what North Conway is all about.  Everyones interests differ.  Two are outdoor savvy and ice climb often and ski and much of their conversations revolve around these two activities.  The other roommate is a writer.  So, in his off time he writes, alot.  Apparently he is working on something now.  Another roommate...the one who is out right now running 8 miles in the snow...is seasoned in this line of work and it seems that she has traveled quite a bit.  There is still one guy I haven't met. Basically, I live, work, eat, sleep and do everything with these people.  Its always interesting walking into a situation where the bonds have been formed.  Definitely intimidating, even for me.  

Anyway, heres hoping the first week goes well!

1 comment:

  1. Today's temperature was 68. I would have much prefer snow, because it is JANUARY.

    ReplyDelete