Monday, January 18, 2010

As of Late

Its been awhile...i know.  I stopped writing.  Not sure why...maybe it got too laborious, maybe I got caught up in life, or maybe I thought nobody cared.  What I realize though is that creativity and writing...whether im good at it or not...is important to this little life of mine.  

Since, I last wrote I moved my life down to Asheville, NC.  The South...aww the South...how I love thee.  Let me list the reasons...

1. the appalachian mountains-they are old as can be and boy is the spirit alive in them.  I also work in them with some troubled kids who need a big fat wake up call.  Maybe the mountains will help the kids maybe they won't, but they sure as hell help me whenever I need to get my shit straight (this of course is more often than not).
2. sweet tea-I drink sweet tea at 85% of my meals...when not drinking beer of course (which is another reason I love the South, but I will get to that in a moment).  I mean, in the South, if you ask for tea you get sweet.  If you don't want it sweet you gotta ask for it.  
3. the beer-the selection rivals that of what I was exposed to in California thank you very much.  
4. sweet potatoes-who knew how good sweet potatoes were?  I sure didn't...
5. the music-asheville is known for its music scene and I plopped myself right in the middle of it...and I like it.  folk, meets rock, meets creativity, meets a real good time for this one.
6. the slowness-life is slower than my all out life in California.  Its hard sometimes, but I appreciate it.  
7. farmers-many many farms and farmers here...people grow their own food! and sell it! locally! Life goal-have a farm, grow my own food, live off the land-who can help me with this people?

So, those are just a few of the things I love about the South so far.  Maybe I will be here for a while, maybe I won't.  It depends I suppose on the relationships I have and the men I meet who think I am cool enough to spend time with and who I think are just great and my happiness and my connection to place and space and people.  

You may ask what the life plan is at this point.  Who the fuck knows is what I say.  I mean I have ideas of course, but I live in constant confusion and although I have solid beliefs about an end goal I haven't quite figured out how to get there yet or who is going to travel that path with me. Hopefully whoever journeys with me is cool as hell and whatever my path looks like I will continue to be challenged and to hurt and to heal and to grow into a better more secure version of me.  Because I am pretty cool...just gotta do some more work on the belief part (I think I may almost be there).

In the end, to be present is most important.  I mean that's where the real work is....to live everyday trying to be better and greater and more open to whatever comes my way and of course to listen to what the universe is trying to tell me because its something bigger than I can even begin to understand right now.




No comments:

Post a Comment